Learning Resource Centre
The Learning Resource Centre (LRC) is open from Monday to Friday from 8.00am to 5.00pm. You may borrow or return items during this time. Please see the above poster for your year group day
Students can borrow up to 4 items (books and DVD's) at a time. Books can be reserved if they are out on loan.
The LRC has gone online. You can log in with your Deer Park email address and date of birth - DDMMYYYY. Select your book and select reserve at school. Please see the guide below for details of how to reserve and borrow a book online.
There are several computers in the LRC and everyone has access to them. However, these computers must be booked on the day you wish to use them and are to be used for self-study only.
The LRC Staff and a team of student librarians can assist in finding information for projects and self-study. We can also help with book selection and what to read next.
What else goes on in the LRC?? (Please note that some activities may not take place whilst current social distancing restrictions are in place)
- LRC Reading Tournament - Earn positive e-refs along with certificates and prizes
- LRC Loyalty Bookmark - These are stamped each time a student takes a book out. Collect 6 stamps and be awarded a gold e-ref.
- Children's Book Award - Read and Review proof copies of titles that we receive from publishers.
- SIG Reading Group - Meet in the LRC throughout the year to read and discuss group sets of books
- Blind Date with a Book - is one example of many different activities held throughout the year.
- Schooltastic Book Club - Book club brochures are distributed to students throughout the year. Schooltastic Publishers offer books at greatly reduced prices.
- Student Librarians - We have a team of dedicated student librarians who support the LRC at break and lunchtimes