Pupil Premium Grant
What is the Pupil Premium Grant (PPG)?
At Deer Park Shool we are committed to maximising the life chances of all our students. It is our aim, therefore, for all our students to make excellent progress, both academically and in their wider development, through the provision of:
- quality teaching
- a broad and relevant curriculum
- a wide range of extra-curricular opportunities to broaden students’ outlook and instill high aspirations
an independent, professional, careers guidance service which takes account of individual needs and aspirations, and supports the individual in achieving them;
- experienced support staff to work with students and families
- to maximise attendance
- programmes to develop individual’s emotional and behavioural maturity and personal resilience
- support to assist parents in managing the needs of their children
- bespoke and targeted pastoral and academic intervention
It is up to the school to determine how the funding is used but its primary aim is to support some of our more vulnerable learners. As a school we continually strive to ensure that teaching and learning opportunities meet the needs of all our students and appropriate provision is in place for those who need it most. Not all of these students are eligible for Free School Meals and so the schools will at times use the funding to support a wider range of students to achieve their very best.
Some students require additional support whilst others do not, so the amount is not necessarily divided equally between the students who qualify for it. In addition, school governors can allocate Pupil Premium funds to those students that the school believes are socially disadvantaged but who may not qualify for Pupil Premium funding.
It is the ambition of Deer Park School to eradicate any gap in the attainment and achievement of students and for disadvantaged students to achieve and be as successful as their non-disadvantaged peers.