Deer Park School is a new state of the art seven-form secondary school which opened in September 2021. To ensure we established an exceptional culture and ethos at Deer Park we opened with just one year group and we are growing year on year. At present there are 278 students on roll across Yr7&8. We are part of the Wildern Academy Trust which comprises of Wildern Secondary School, Deer Park Secondary School and Boorley Park Primary School.
We are delighted to be offering an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, innovative and passionate practitioner to join our PE Department at Deer Park School from September 2023. You must have Qualified Teacher Status in the UK, or an equivalent overseas qualification with UK teaching experience. Applications from Early Career Teachers due to qualify summer 2023 are encouraged and an excellent ECT package would be available if appropriate. For more information on our school please visit our website https://www.deerparksecondary.org/
If you are looking for a career defining opportunity to shape the ethos, culture and legacy of a state of the art school in the heart of a wonderful community then Deer Park is the place for you.
At Deer Park we:
- give staff the freedom to be creative and passionate about their subject areas
- work as a team to ensure that no child is left behind – that each child has a bespoke and enriched experience
- ensure that all learners are supported and challenged to become polite, independent, resilient, confident and articulate individuals who are aspirational and ambitious
- strive to stimulate each student’s enjoyment and love of learning. We bring joy to our curriculums.
- insist on a culture of rights, respect and responsibility. We’re a kind school – and we are proud of how our students uphold these values
- have an ethos that is inclusive, where each individual in the school community is valued and there is a focus on well-being and achievement
- deliver high quality professional learning for staff, developing strong and sustainable partnerships where innovative practice is jointly developed and linked to educational research and high quality teaching and learning
- promote outstanding leadership at all levels to realise our vision
So, what is it really like at Deer Park School? Some quotes from our parents, students and staff…
“As a family, we are very happy with the education and opportunities that X receives at Deer Park. We had been a bit apprehensive about X settling and making new friends etc but knew that the school would be a great place for X to develop and continue her learning. The apprehension soon departed and we would like to mention our appreciation for all of the Deer Park staff for the smooth running of the school and kindness and support shown. We are grateful for X being a part of the Deer Park community.”
“The school gives us a variety of amazing opportunities.”
“The staff include everyone and make them feel like they an important part of the Deer Park community. We feel like they know us all.”
“The teachers are great at Deer Park School!”
“Our greatest strengths… Teamwork. Everyone contributes to create a superb range of opportunities for the students. Staff wellbeing – the team know when staff need support or just a little boost. Being consistent. Students know all staff are following the same expectations. Having a leadership team that are relatable, caring, good sense of humour and also muck in.”
We will ensure that the successful candidate has:
- comprehensive induction including a dedicated mentor
- continuous professional learning, development and improvement
- the opportunity to contribute to raising standards for all our students
Benefits of working for our Trust include:
- a team spirit and friendly working environment where all staff are valued
- excellent Continuing Professional Development with high quality CPD programmes Many opportunities for career progression
- extensive department resources and facilities
- enrolment in the Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- a tax efficient Cycle-to-Work scheme through salary sacrifice
- a tax efficient IT Leasing scheme through salary sacrifice
- Generous Sick Pay Scheme
- staff membership rates to our modern Leisure Centre at Wildern School
- Large on-site car park
Applications should be on Wildern School application forms, individual CV’s will not be accepted. Application forms can be downloaded from our website https://www.deerparksecondary.org/joining-us/sv/ where you can also find further details about the school. Applications can be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or sent by post for the attention of Mrs P Weston, Wildern School, Wildern Lane, Hedge End, Southampton, SO30 4EJ. Closing Date: Midday Monday 27th February 2023. Please note we are unable to accommodate visits or tours prior to application. Applicants who are successfully shortlisted for an interview will receive a tour as part of the interview day.
Disclaimer: Please note due to the high volume of applications we receive, we reserve the right to close a vacancy earlier than the advertised date if we receive applications that meet the criteria. Therefore, advised to submit your application as early as possible as some interviews may take place, and the appointment may be made before the closing date is reached for the post. Once a vacancy has closed, we are unable to consider further applications
Wildern Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.